Power Clean : 3 Rep Max
Record your best Power Clean 3 rep max lift.
15-12-9-6-3 reps, for time of:
Power Clean, 135/95 lbs
Bar Facing Burpee
✔ For the fastest athletes, stay under 10:00.
✔ Everyone finishes in under 12:00 .
✔ Build up to a heavy power clean complex before the workout.
✔ Maintain a consistent pace on the burpees to stay fast on the cleans.
•. All athletes should have a weight they can continually cycle for 5-7 reps throughout the workout.
• Consider reducing the reps to a volume that allows athletes to finish each round in 3 sets or less. Try not to reduce the reps more than 12-9-6-3-3. The sets of 15-12 should take between 1:00-2:00 for athletes who are scaling.
• If you need to scale the bar-facing burpees, consider scaling to step-overs before taking the bar out of the workout.
Movement Scaling Options:
▪︎ Power Cleans | Reps, Loading
▪︎ Bar-Facing Burpees | Burpee Step-overs, Burpees, Reps
Target Time | <12:00
• Fastest athletes should shoot for less than 10:00. You want to use weight similar to classic CrossFit benchmarks like Isabel, Grace, and Elizabeth.
• The loading for today’s workout should feel moderate, and you should be able to cycle at least 5-7 reps with your workout weight. If you struggle with this during the warm-up, you want to reduce the weight.
• During the workout, use a mix of small sets and singles to avoid prolonged rest periods.
• Treat the burpees like a tool to manage overall workout fatigue. If you are struggling to manage the cleans, reduce your pace on the burpees. On the other hand, if you are managing large sets of cleans, start pushing your pace on the burpees.