To get started at SHRED CrossFit, please fill out our free two-week trial form here.
Coach Marcus will contact you and set up a time for your first class. The two-week trial gives you an opportunity to meet our coaches, experience the SHRED community and check out or awesome facility. When you are ready to move forward, you can schedule your foundation classes online. You can continue to work out at SHRED while participating in these classes.
What is Foundations?
Each athlete must go through our Foundations course. This is 4 small group sessions (1 hour each) with an instructor that allows the athlete to become familiar with the movements and methodology. This time also allows the coach to become familiar with your movement patterns, injuries and movement restrictions to help you reach your full potential.
What is covered in each Foundations class?
Foundation 1 – Squat Series
- Points of performance for air squat, front squat, overhead squat & back squat.
- Hip, ankle & knee mobility/flexibility.
Foundation 2 – Press Series
- Points of performance for shoulder press, push press, push jerk & split jerk.
- Core strengthening for proper overhead positions.
Foundation 3 – Deadlift/Pulling Series
- Points of performance for deadlift, sumo deadlift high-pull, cleans and snatches.
- Proper neutral spine positions.
Foundations 4 – Assessment
- Athletes will participate in 5-6 low intensity assessment exercises to test overall strength, endurance and possible muscle imbalances.
When are the Foundations classes?
Classes are offered two times per week and coincide with the weeks of the month.
For example, Foundations 1 is offered during the 1st week of the month. Foundations 2 is offered the 2nd week of the month.
* Classes do not need to be completed in chronological order.
How do I signup for Foundations class?
Please visit our link to enroll in your foundations class.
Can I still participate in CrossFit classes while I’m enrolled in the Foundations Course?
Yes! The coaches will work closely with you during this time.
How much does Foundations cost?